Thursday, August 11, 2011

Deshi Dishes With Nismo!

Original Interview Date: 6/8/09                                                                                                      


Here is my interview with Nismo (Dogster ID 131547). Enjoy!

Deshi: You have an interesting name. What does it mean?

Nismo: I get this a lot. I usually tell people that it means nothing, but here's the truth. Nismo stands for Nissan Motorsports International Limited (wiki Link-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nismo)
My owners are Nissan/Datsun enthusiasts. They wanted a Japanese name, without some of the usual ones we've seen(like Yoshi. Nothing wrong with that name by the way)

Deshi: On your dogster page it says you love going for walks where there is tall grass. Do you have a favorite place you like to walk? If so, tell me a bit about the scenery and cool things you see there.

Nismo: One of my favorite places to visit is Point Isabel in Richmond CA. It's a large regional park located right on the edge of San Francisco Bay. We get picture perfect views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. Dogs are allowed off-leash, and there are A LOT of dogs. You can meet and greet almost allbreeds there and occasionally you'll see an off-leash Shiba. GASP!

Deshi: Table scraps... have you ever gotten any? If yes, what is your favorite thing to get? If no, what would you really like to try if given the opportunity?

Nismo: My pawrents are good at not giving in to my mind control tricks, so no scraps for me. However, I've taught the male human to prepare a special dish for me when he BBQ's. It's usually unmarinated chicken, salmon, or beef. No pork, although I'd love to know that taste like.

Deshi: I read that you don't like water. Do you really hate baths then as well? Do you get bathed at home or do you go to a groomer?

Nismo: Like most "normal" Shibas, I never hide my distaste for water. I'll tolerate a bath or two every year, but that's it. I'll usually leave a few claw marks on my pawrents to teach them a lesson on Shiba Hygiene. I have been nice to the groomer the few times that I've gone there.

Deshi: What is your take on dogs wearing clothes? Have you ever played dress up and worn anything besides your collar?

Nismo: I don't mind seeing other pups wearing clothes. As long as they don't look too silly, or inhibit there range of motion.
Unfortunately, I've suffered the indignity of having to wear clothes. I've worn Santa Hats, a Baseball Jersey, and various bandanas. I do like my reversible rain/safety coat though. I think I look rather suave in it.

Deshi: Do you ever dig in the dirt or do you not like to get your paws dirty?

Nismo: Are you kidding? I love digging! Dirt, sand, grass, whatever, I'll tear it up! I feel sorry for the foo-foo purse dogs. They never get to experience the joy of digging. They're denied their Dog-Hood being stuffed in a Gucci bag.

Deshi: What do you think your most distinguishing feature is and why?

Nismo: It's hard to see on my Dogster pics, but I have a thin white stripe that runs vertically between my forehed, to my muzzle. When I was a pup it was very wide. Now it's more like a sliver. When my parents saw me on my breeders website, they knew that they had to get me. Suckers!

Deshi: Do you have a favorite napping spot? If so, tell me about it and what makes it so perfect.

Nismo: I love sleeping on my pawrents bed. Especially after they fix it. I toss the pillows around, and rub my head and body all over them. Then I make a nest out of the comforter, and go to LaLa Land. All that space to spread out makes it too hard to resist.

Deshi: What is your favorite dog toy?

Nismo: My dad has this hand puppet that looks like a pink poodle. It has this disgustingly cute face and a squeaker in the tongue. When he takes it out of the toy box, I just want to tear it off his hand! He has several scars to prove how much I "love" it.

Deshi: When you were a puppy did you chew up a lot of things? If so, what kind of things did you chew up?

Nismo: My pawrents were lucky. I only chewed a couple of slippers, and one remote control. Other than that, I used Kongs, and their hands to satisfy my cravings.

Deshi: Is there anything else you'd like to share with the dogs on the shiba forum?

Nismo: I'd like to thank you for choosing Nismo as your first interview. It is an honor that we appreciate. Also, I'd like to thank the Shiba community here on Dogster. The amount of knowledge and advice is immense, and we can find a tip or solution to almost any issue. The stories, be they dramatic, informational, or humorous, are always a welcome distraction to us too. I hope that everyone enjoys this little insight to Nismo's world and we are eagerly looking forward to the other Shibas on Deshi's list. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment